At Pfizer, we apply science and our global resources to bring therapies to people that extend and significantly improve their lives. We strive to set the standard for quality, safety and value in the discovery, development and manufacture of health care products, including innovative medicines and vaccines. Every day, Pfizer colleagues work across developed and emerging markets to advance wellness, prevention, treatments and cures that challenge the most feared diseases of our time. Consistent with our responsibility as one of the world’s premier innovative biopharmaceutical companies, we collaborate with health care providers, governments and local communities to support and expand access to reliable, affordable health care around the world. For more than 150 years, we have worked to make a difference for all who rely on us.
GSK is a science-led multinational pharmaceutical company. GSK drives scientific innovation to deliver the next generation of transformational medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products for millions of patients around the world.
Three global businesses:
- Pharmaceuticals- innovative medicines in respiratory, HIV and oncology.
- Vaccines- helping protect against infectious diseases.
- Consumer Healthcare Products- developing best loved brands and products.
How does GSK do it?
Responsibility is key to achieving GSK’s aims. Their purpose is to develop trust and establish 13 commitments to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
Three long-term priorities:
- Innovation- scientific and technical excellence to develop new products for patients and consumers.
- Performance- growth by investing in the business, developing people and executing competitively.
- Trust- science and technology used to address health needs with affordable and available products.
Culture and Values
- Patient Focus is to do what is right for patients and customers to achieve the highest standard of ethical medical practice. GSK effectively manages its supply chain for manufacturing teams to deliver high quality medicines and products.
- Respect for people by ensuring the workplace is safe and encourages differing perspectives.
- Integrity is to act in accordance with regulations, to live up to standards and encourage seeking guidance when in doubt.
- Transparency is to be honest about what GSK does, how they do it and the challenges faced.
The journey began in 1715 with an apothecary shop in London. GSK developed from individual entrepreneurs to a global company of around 100, 000 employees.
”Being commercially successful and operating responsibly is how we will generate sustainable returns for our shareholders and deliver on our purpose, to improve the quality of human life by helping people do more, feel better and live longer.Pauline WilliamsHead of Global Health R&D, GSK
Working at GSK
GSK aims to attract and retain the most talented people from all backgrounds and cultures.
To contribute to an inclusive organisation for an important cause, join GSK to improve lives and help communities with countless opportunities for people at various stages of their careers.